Juvenis’ main focus is on supporting young people from vulnerable and disenfranchised communities and especially those at risk of offending and criminal behaviours.
Juvenis also provides support and advice for young people on a range of topics:
- encourage better behaviour and attendance at school
- getting into further education, employment, volunteering or training
- sex and relationship advice
- family & housing issues
- drug and alcohol issues
- potential crime involvement
- appropriate adult support
- through the gate support and resettlement
Offering tried and tested methods of engaging and supporting those affected young people including: positive activities at key times, provide one to one mentoring and support in life choices, personal development and life skills workshops.
Juvenis is mainly for young people aged 16-19 (up to 25 years for those with additional needs). Younger people (aged over 11) can use the service if they need to outside school hours.