Positive Change is Juvenis’ flagship project and the next three years will focus on consolidating delivery of the programme in Lambeth before expanding it to a neighbouring borough.
The Positive Change programme provides alternative pathways for young people involved or at risk of involvement in the youth justice system, re-engaging them with employment, education or training.
Positive Change provides opportunities for those whom standard employability programmes have deemed too far away from a ready-made ‘outcome’. For example, young offenders are five times more likely to not be in education, employment or training. Positive Change has worked with many who have been ‘parked’ by the Work Programme – to give them opportunities they can’t access elsewhere. We work directly with disengaged young people who need more concentrated and personal support, preparing them for more mainstream employment support.
Specialist youth workers will support young people to improve their lives and help them to make positive choices by:
- working with them to clearly assess their needs
- use an action plan approach to ensure that young people understand what they are trying to achieve
- working flexible hours where young people are
- working with other organisations such as schools, colleges, statutory and voluntary sector
- giving support for up to six months where needed
- assessing the need for a transition to adult services (if need be)
To refer a young person click on the link to use our referral form